Tuesday, November 13, 2012

We Are Vitally Connected

So last night in the middle of my workout in my cold garage I pulled my left hamstring.  That's a large piece of meat to injure, and today my whole body feels slightly out of whack as I hobble around compensating for the pain in my leg.  

Also last night I read what Dietrich Bonhoeffer had to say about the "connectedness" of believers:

"Every act of self-control of the Christian is also a service to the fellowship.  On the other hand, there is no sin in thought, word, or deed, no matter how personal or secret, that does not inflict injury upon the whole fellowship.  An element of sickness gets into the body; perhaps nobody knows where it comes from or in what member it has lodge, but the body is infected.  This is the proper metaphor for the Christian community."   Excerpted from Life Together

No comments: