Monday, April 12, 2010

T4G

In a few moments I'll be pointing my car eastward to make the trek to T4G.

I've been looking forward to this for months, because I'll have the chance to meet up with an old friend and hear teaching from men of God that I highly respect. I'm hoping (praying) to learn more about our holy God and the Gospel of His Son Jesus Christ.

One of the men speaking this week will be R.C. Sproul. A quote from his book "The Holiness of God" kind of sums up so much of what I've been learning of late:

"When we encounter Him, the totality of our creatureliness breaks upon us and shatters the myth that we have believed about ourselves, the myth that we are demigods, junior-grade deities who will try to live forever . . . He is holy, and we are not."


1 comment:

semper reformanda said...

who you callin' old?

looking forward to it, too!