Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Wondering


I wonder about my sons...

I wonder if they notice that I like to listen to music and even sing while I'm cooking dinner.

I wonder if they notice how much I love their Mom.

I wonder if they realize what a treasure the laughter is that we often share.

I wonder if they notice how many wonderful books we have in our house and how much I love reading them.

I wonder if they notice the same sunsets I do.

I wonder if they notice the things that make me righteously angry.

I wonder if they notice when I make mistakes and 'fess up to them.

I wonder if they notice how important their Mom is to me (that doesn't count as a repeat!).

I wonder what they're thinking when they see me leading worship at church.

I wonder if they realize what a humbling experience that is for me.

I wonder what they'll remember about our mealtime prayers.

I wonder if they'll remember the better things more than the rotten things.

I wonder if they'll ever understand how important they are to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I often wonder the same things....well except the leading worship part....nobody wants to hear that....

The Blainemonster said...

I totally LOLLED on that one! :) Well, my kids are just used to what I call "singing". Hee hee.