Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bogota, Colombia

Just for information's sake, and for those friends and family who may be reading and care to know . . .

My son Brayden and I will be travelling to Bogota, Colombia in July (13th-21st) for a short-term missions project with several other teens and adult sponsors (five from our own church!).

We will be a part of school assemblies in the Kennedy area of Bogota, and more school assemblies and ministry to youth in the town of Tocancipa just to the north of Bogota.
What I've found is that these short trips are usually more about changing me than seeing other people changed. As a stranger in a strange land, I am less likely to impact the locals than they are to impact me. That's been my experience as a teen and an adult.

So, we're looking forward to seeing a new part of the planet, briefly splashing around in a new culture, and growing in our world view. Your prayers for us regarding our work would be hugely appreciated, and if you'd like to donate to help defray our expenses, you can do so through the PayPal button in the sidebar on the right.

Undoubtedly, there will be plenty of stories and photos posted here at the end of July. :)

No comments: