Friday, February 25, 2011

Persuaded

If my endurance and salvation rest upon my own stamina, I am doomed and redemption is worthless and God is unable to save. Looking back over my life, I find no evidence that in myself I am able to complete this journey. My life is a scattered, meandering trail of inconsistency. But I know who God is, and I know that His purposes are not thwarted, and I know that my certainty lies in the unshakable character of a triumphant God. Any positive spiritual progress I've seen has been the product of grace.

Borrowing
words from Spurgeon, I will say that my confidence is not based on ignorance or arrogance, but is the result of knowledge and meditation. And I have been persuaded.

Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. 2 Timothy 1:12


No comments: