Monday, May 16, 2011

Dynamic Duos

Music is such an amazing gift from God - it is audible emotion, it is an invisible force that moves the heart and mind, it is color that your eyes can't see but your heart can discern.

So, on this Monday after a tiring weekend and the frustration of having Blogger "lose" one of my blogs, I'm offering music to entertain and inspire.

This first piece is one I've listened many times since I was teen. It's Vivaldi's iconic "Summer" movement from the Four Seasons, with an electric guitar twist. Very nice.




The second is the F Major Invention from Bach, played on mandolins by Rich Mullins and Mitch McVicker.

4 comments:

hymns that preach said...

Awesome! Thanks.

The Blainemonster said...

I know right? I love this stuff :)

THEOparadox said...

Ever since I heard Lanny Cordola's electrified version of "Marriage of Figaro", I've enjoyed electric guitar renditions of classical music. This one is super!

If you ever get a chance to hear Bela Fleck's collection of classical songs on banjo, it is spectacular! You will enjoy it.

Doesn't music tell us so much about the glory of God?

Blessings,
Derek

THEOparadox said...

Here's a link to that Lanny Cordola tune. It's a little silly at some parts, but still amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ntEwa8OIM