Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good News From Far Away

Claudens Michaud is a young man living in Haiti whose greatest hope is to be a pastor. I met him while I was there in the summer of 2011, and was amazed by his knowledge of Scripture and shamed by his love for our Lord. Claudens speaks French Creole, but posts on Facebook in English, and although he doesn't realize it, his updates have encouraged me on numerous occasions. Here's a small sampling:

"I had a great time worship in my church tonite love u father God"
"I am preparing to go to follow a seminary teology now thank you lord cuz I slept well"
"Thx lord cuz u are wonderful in my life today"
"Father God protect me to spend a good nite and everyone on facebook too . Thx lord"
"If I am alive this morning its a grace from God love u father God"
"Lord I give u my heart to clean me with ur blood father God"
"I am on way to go to follow word of God in my church today"
"I had a great time worship in my church tonite and I am so blessing I felt presence God in my soul"

Claudens is a rich poor man who has taught me a thing or two about gratitude and joy in the Lord.

No comments: