Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beautiful Eulogy

Nope, this isn't fodder for the next funeral you officiate. Hmm...well it could be I suppose. Beautiful Eulogy is a band from Portland that serves up strong messages of God's grace and sovereignty on a hip-hop platter. But don't let that turn you off. Not too long ago, I was an avid anti-fan of anything labeled "rap music", but then I started really listening to artists like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Shai Linne, and now Beautiful Eulogy. Now my playlist is full of such music. I'm digging the style and these guys fill their lyrics with heavy, solid truth.  Heavy and solid like Mjolnir.

The music on Satellite Kite (the name of the album) is so...different...it's refreshing and strangely relaxing.  Oh, and did I mention you can have all of B.E.'s tracks FOR FREE RIGHT HERE???

The video below is "Entitlement". All the tracks are good, but I really like "Anchor" and "Satellite Kite". 



2 comments:

semper reformanda said...

don't know if you ever checked out the barrage of josh garrels links that i've posted on FB over the last 6-8 mos, but so far i've downloaded 3 of his albums and really love them. he's the singer on "anchor," and really cranks out some amazing lyrics. one i can think of of the top of my head that i really like is "just doin' your thing" here: http://joshgarrels.bandcamp.com/track/just-doin-your-thing

there are dozens of others...i highly recommend picking one up.

The Blainemonster said...

I have the means...haha. Cool I'll check him out more closely!