Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Nativity

The kitchen counters are full of goodies: plates of cookies, sweet breads in red plastic wrap, jars of jams and soup mixes. The cookie sheets are in constant use. The living room echoes with Christmas music from everyone from Charlie Brown to Mannheim Steamroller. And the icing on the cake is that there is snow on the ground today!

Well, here is another poem and another song. I guess I've just been in that sort of in that mood lately. :)

A poem for Christmas by C.S. Lewis, accompanied by Phil Keaggy on the guitar

County Down - Phil Keaggy

THE NATIVITY

Among the oxen (like an ox I'm slow)
I see a glory in the stable grow
Which, with the ox's dullness might at length
Give me an ox's strength.

Among the asses (stubborn I as they)
I see my Saviour where I looked for hay;
So may my beastlike folly learn at least
The patience of a beast.

Among the sheep (I like a sheep have strayed)
I watch the manger where my Lord is laid;
Oh that my baa-ing nature would win thence
Some woolly innocence!

Merry Christmas from the Moore household!


2 comments:

jennamduncan said...

aww!! i love your picture! :) and matthias has his little "I'm so cute so give me what I want" look on! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you!!!