Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wheeeee!

It's good to be a kid. The world is new, adventure waits around every bend, you just know you can run fast enough to fly, and "carefree" is your middle name.

I just know Jesus loves children because of this and it's why He told us to have faith like kids do. I think we really oughta wake up each day with adventure in our hearts spurred on by the confidence we have in our Heavenly Father - carefree.

The one thing my kids want to see before they go to sleep at night is my face. I can't explain that, really. Maybe they just wanna know Dad is home, that Dad has got things under control, that Dad will be awake and watching over things while they sleep. I'm not sure, but I do know that I am an unworthy recipient of such affection.

I think a secure child is an obedient child. No, not a PERFECT child, but one that wants to be obedient, one that considers doing what dad asks or expects to be quite normal behavior. Orneriness is to be expected, but it seems to me that somehow being in a secure relationship makes it easier to do what's right.

Someone once said, "a child only wants to see his father smile." My kids know they have my undying affection. They also know my firm hand. And because of this, they are secure and happy. I literally weep when I think that there are millions of little ones on this planet experiencing nothing like that.



No comments: