Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Strong To The End

Because of the character and faithfulness of the God who saves us, the blessing bestowed upon Asher is ours as well: "Your strength will equal your days." Deuteronomy 33:25

There are times when the crushing pressure of circumstances makes me want to run far, far away; when I wither before the building pressure. What I'm learning, though, is that the one thing I can be sure of is that the Father will see me through anything. When I've been completely helpless, He has been my help and He has been powerful in my weakness. When I stare blankly at the empty hole that is my own strength, I am liberated to trust more fully in the One whose strength is perfect.

"Your strength will equal your days." As long as life lasts, I know that the strength God supplies will carry me right up to the end. "He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 1:8. If not for the preservation of God the Father, I would surely fall. The only reason I'm blameless is because of the work of Christ, and what's more, He has authored and will finish my faith. He alone deserves the glory!

No comments: