Saturday, August 8, 2009

To Know Him Is To Love Him!

"The people who know their God will be strong . . . " Daniel 11:32

When I was younger, and younger in my faith, I knew less of the Savior than I do now. I trusted what the Bible told me, and understood what trustworthy adults told me about Christ.

Now that I'm quite a ways down the road, I can see how much more I know the Savior and how much deeper my trust in Him is, how much greater is my peace and how much more solid is my joy. Of course, along with this comes the realization that my grasp of Him is smaller than I ever imagined. However, He is patient and faithful.

The longer I live, the greater He becomes in my eyes. As each year passes, I apprehend just a bit more of His glory, His greatness. The more I know of Him, the more I love Him. And the more I know of Him, the more I realize how much I need Him.

Charles Spurgeon wrote that, "we cannot love a Christ whom we do not know, at least, in some degree. If we know but little of the excellences of Jesus, what He has done for us, and what He is doing now, we cannot love Him much; but the more we know Him, the more we shall love Him."

No comments: