Friday, September 3, 2010

The Prideful Prince

"My pride is so infernal that there is not a man on earth who can hold it in, and all their silly attempts are futile; but, then, my Master can do it, and He will."

OK! Who said this? Yes, yes, it could have been you. Indeed, I've said the same thing in so many words before, when despairing over my own condition. So, whose quote is this? Click HERE and check the answer...

See? Even the best of us struggle. We are all just men, made just by Jesus Christ and in the process of being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blaine, I should not be surprise to see his face. Spurgeon could not have had the impact it seems he did apart from the understanding and constant fight of surrender to the provision of God's mighty power to kill this pride/sin. Thanks for the encouragement in this particular area.

The Blainemonster said...

Yep. What I'm learning is that so many "heroes" of the faith are heroes only because they FOUGHT, and fought hard against all kinds of sins and circumstances. The greater their weaknesses, the greater was God's grace.