Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wednesdays Are Wife Days

Yeah. I know it's Thursday and the title says "Wednesday." Golly, you might even be reading this on Friday! However, the topic at hand demands a certain priority. You see, I'm falling in love again. No worries - it's with the same woman I've been married to for 19 years. I think this time around though, instead of "falling" in love, we're "building" love.

My wife and I love each other mightily but we've suddenly realized that we've slowly been dancing apart from one another at the sockhop, getting lost in the crowd. We've been working hard raising five sons, homeschooling those same children, being ministers in our local church and working other jobs to keep the fridge full. We've poured our love and energy into a lot of people...and now we are astonished to find that the pitcher is nearly empty and there's not much left to share with each other. We've not lost our love - just the vital connection we used to enjoy. So we stand there, as the dust settles, kind of looking at each other saying, "Whoa! What just happened?"

So, in the interest of honoring the girl of my dreams (my sons are cringing at that statement), and celebrating the greatest gift from God this side of salvation, I shall devote each Wednesday on this blog to my wife. And this is the beginning, on a Thursday. Kinda quirky, just like us.

Here's a song that reminds me of US. (Lyrics below, VIDEO HERE)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How good it is!!! Love it! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Blain, not many folks can get away with 'golly' haha

Your thoughts here describe a similar scenario back here in NJ, love is strong, but its been easy to get separated and lost in the crowding activities and folks that are all good... but still distracting. I may have to establish something as you intend here...something that keeps a regular constancy of my devotion to my wife, in the midst of 'busy'.

The Blainemonster said...

Ha! Yeah, "golly" is rather erudite. I don't think I ever read it in Faulkner or Hemingway...

But more to the point ;), life would sure be easier if things never changed, but then it wouldn't be very interesting or fulfilling. I think struggles like this are what break a marriage - or make it even more rich and satisfying.