Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Caleb the Studmuffin

I'm sure you heard about Jack Lalanne passing away earlier this year. What a guy! Pumping iron and towing boats to the very last. I admit he's one of the people that has motivated me in my own fitness regimen. Granted, these bodies we have right now won't last forever, but I believe you can feel good and be strong right up to the end. Besides that, exercise reduces stress, helps you sleep better, and allows you to sweat out some toxins.

I've also been inspired by the proclamation made by Caleb in Joshua 14:11...

"I am still as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me; my strength now is as my strength was then, for war and for going and coming."

I preach to teenagers. Often I encourage them to picture themselves as old people, still serving the Lord and loving Jesus just like so many older saints in our congregation that they admire. Before he left earth to be with the Lord, one man from our church that pretty much ALL our young people looked up to was Eldon. They thought he was the coolest guy ever. And he was. He loved God, he loved the teens, and he loved to eat. He was awesome because he finished strong.

For my part, I want to finish well, and I want to finish strong . . . like Jack Lalanne, like Caleb, like Eldon, and like Paul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like this a lot!! speaks to a lot of us we are not done yet even as we get older. that is encouraging as sometimes we think what can I do!! thanks mom