Monday, June 20, 2011

Sovereign Or Not

Just a quick reminder that Almighty God is sovereign - or He is not. It is a logical impossibility to be in complete control without having control over all things.

God declared to Isaiah: "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." Isaiah 46:10

As clearly explained in Romans 9, God chose Jacob (and David, and Jeremiah, and Paul, and every believer) before he was born so that His "purpose in election might stand."

Believer, take heart! The God that saved you is sovereign and will remain so. His purpose in saving you will not be thwarted, but will most certainly stand. This is the foundation of our hope and the motivation for our growth in holiness.

No comments: