Friday, November 14, 2008

Guitar Mastery

I own a beautiful guitar. It's a 2001 Taylor 514ce. The top is made of western red cedar and the tone is warm and wonderful. After I first received it (a surprise birthday gift from my wife several years ago), I kept finding myself putting my nose up close to the guitar and basking in the aroma. Mmmmm. It's a crying shame that my meager talents don't measure up to this instrument's potential. I have posted a video of myself playing the Taylor, and you can check the archives if you really want to see it that badly. However, I think it makes more sense for you to watch a master. I couldn't embed the video linked below, so take a trip to youtube and watch Phil Keaggy play a Taylor 514ce and make it sing. (btw, I shook Keaggy's hand once, but apparently the mojo didn't transfer . . . )

1 comment:

jennamduncan said...

ok you are ridiculous! you have amazing skill and I don't even want to hear this from you. :) and the video of your song is amazing!