Monday, July 27, 2009

Hero of Suba

At the northern end of Bogota, Colombia, the city deteriorates into a slum-like barrio called Suba. It is here that Pastor Carlos Yepes saves children. His incredible story can be read HERE (pdf) , and it's really worth your time.

I and a group of other ministers spent time with Carlos last week and saw firsthand the impact he and his wife Janeth have made there and the lives God is changing through their faithful obedience.

I've never been so humbled by someone's sacrifice for Christ. The simple faith in God demonstrated by Carlos and Janeth was simply beautiful. The young lives they nourish and nurture on a daily basis are beautiful, too.
For a few photographs of these kids, have a look HERE.

2 comments:

buddybert said...

OMGoodness I miss these guys SO much! I want to go back!


And Colin says... "The pastor is ownage."

HAHA!

The Blainemonster said...

I know! I miss them too...