Friday, April 16, 2010

The (UN)Adjusted Gospel and A Stack of Books

Wow! I can say with completely confidence that this year's T4G Conference in Louisville, KY was the most enriching event I've ever attended. Jesus Christ was exalted continually!

I worshipped the Savior as I listened to R.C. Sproul, John MacArthur, John Piper, Ligon Duncan, Mark Dever, Thabiti Anyabwile, C.J. Mahaney and Al Mohler expound on the true Gospel. If you have time, I recommend listening to the sessions from John Piper and John MacArthur. And if you have even more time, listen to them all!

I worshipped and wept every time all 7,000 (mostly) men sang powerful songs like How Firm A Foundation, Come Thou Fount and How Deep The Father's Love! I was filled up completely and still wanted more.

On top of all that, the leaders of this conference blessed each attendee with TWENTY FREE BOOKS. Every time we came in for another session, there was a stack of books in each seat. The retail value of the books was easily more than my registration fee. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to T4G 2012! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do...

6 comments:

THEOparadox said...

Since I first heard of T4G, I have wanted to go (but so far it hasn't worked out). I'm glad you got to go, and hopefully in 2012 I'll be there, too!

Blessings,
Derek

cjbooth85 said...

I see Sproul's "Holiness of God." Life-changing...paradigm shifting!

I've heard good things about "The Trellis and the Vine."

I'm happy you got to go...I'm not a pastor, but I'd love to go!!

And did they give you that cool pirate-y treasure chest too? I want one...

The Blainemonster said...

Derek - It was truly fantastic; hope you can make it next time! I think you would have loved RC Sproul's session on Thesis/Antithesis/Synthesis, as well as Kevin DeYoung's breakout session on the Impassibility of God and the Suffering of Christ.

Chris - The Holiness of God is an awesome book. I've read it a couple of times. Since I already have a copy, I'm going to give the new one to a young man in our youth group who is developing a taste for Sproul ;).

Unfortunately, the pirate-y treasure chest is mine and no one else at T4G received one, although they should have because it's so cool haha

semper reformanda said...

just added it up...$241.

the speakers and the music were great and worth every cent...the books just completely pushed it over the top...what a blessing!

boy, 2012 is a long way off.

definitely planning to listen to most, if not all, of the sessions again.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It does sound like an incredible conference. I had hoped to go early on, but... maybe 2012.

and look at those books! NICE!

The Blainemonster said...

I hope we can ALL be there in 2012!