Thursday, July 15, 2010

Say What They Want

As a teenager I had the strange ability to actually memorize Scripture. I distinctly remember laying in my bed at night in the dark and running through Romans 6 in my mind. What a powerful portion of Scripture!

". . .anyone who has died has been freed from sin . . . count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

The solid fact that I, as a mercifully regenerated new creation in Christ, am free from sin and its eternal consequences is a handy weapon to have when temptation jumps out of a dark alley.

I don't have to sin.

I still do, but I don't have to, and this knowledge has been very effective in avoiding much sin.

I am free from sin. That's wonderful! I can sing and be glad! I am not bound and I do not walk in darkness! (I could get excited about this) Say what they want, I am FREE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I want to know more. How or why is it that you were in a place to lay in a bed remembering the Scriptures!!? That is incredible, and a testimony of God's wonderful abundant grace! Tell me more!
This makes me wonder if somewhere in this blog there is a 'testimony' of how grace enveloped you. I would be blessed to hear/read it.

The Blainemonster said...

OK Tim - you asked for it! :) Stay tuned . . .