Saturday, July 10, 2010

When Looking Back Is Good

Those who are wise will take all this to heart;
they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.

Psalm 107:43

In this song, Psalm 107, the Israelite could look back and recount the exiles brought home, the prisoners set free, the sins forgiven, the needs supplied by God and be reminded that God's love is nothing if it is not faithful.

Need encouragement? Need assurance? Need a reminder of God's grace? Just look back.

Because of the times of rebellion and sin that didn't ultimately consume me, I know God is gracious. Because my fifth son is alive, though diagnosed in utero with an almost certainly fatal disease, I know God is merciful. Because I have suffered from anxiety and found the greatest elixir in Christ, I know God is faithful. My history is full and running over with the faithful love of the Lord.

What do you see in your history? Remember and take courage.

No comments: