Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Go Ahead and Jump

When my second son Jack (he's the fella featured in my blog header, btw) was small, he would jump from the top of the stairs in our home to where I stood on the landing with outstretched arms. He never once balked, and would always be smiling and often close his eyes in blissful freedom as he flew, spread eagle, towards my secure embrace. I have never in my life seen a more vivid demonstration of trust: that little guy not giving his blind leap a second thought, but trusting without hesitation that I would catch him. And I always did.

So today, remember how faithful God is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

The Blainemonster said...

Hi Ron! I'll gladly follow your blog - I'm certain that this young buck can learn a lot from an old geezer ;). Blessings,

Blaine

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my bl;og

Anonymous said...

I love this vivid picture of God's only inability... the inability to fail... He is Faithful. Always.
:)

The Blainemonster said...

Tim - God is soooo good ;)

Anonymous said...

haha... admittedly, when I read your title 'Go ahead and Jump' it immediately brought back David Lee Roth with VanHalen... sadly, my college years. ;) Thanks for redeeming that phrase.