Friday, December 10, 2010

What Does It For You?

Last Sunday I trembled.

Our team was leading the congregation in worship and when we came to the second verse of "Before the Throne of God Above", I wasn't sure I was going to make it all the way through.

"When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there, who made an end of all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
For God, the Just, is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me."

It was like stones thundering down a mountain, crashing with powerful certainty on my soul. I don't know if anyone else felt the vibration, but nothing moves me like belting out magnificent truth like this while banging on a guitar. It was nothing less than the Spirit of God, moving as the truth of God and the work of Christ was proclaimed.

So, what does it for you? What songs move you because of the truth they proclaim?

No comments: