Friday, December 31, 2010

NOW READ THIS!


This year, 2010, I read through the Bible entirely on my Blackberry. I've worn out a fair number of Bibles in my lifetime, but after a year of reading, the Blackberry has no dog-eared pages, no marks, no highlights and no notes scrawled in the margins . . . and I think I miss that. Well, I have been able to mark up my other "work horse" Bibles during study and sermon prep, so I didn't miss out completely on interacting with my text in that way.

At any rate, I'm on the verge of purchasing a new phone with a different platform, one that will support a Kindle app, and I'm looking forward to downloading the Scriptures and having a go at a "cover to cover" read next year with some more options for digitally highlighting and notating.

"Open my eyes, that I may see wonderful things in Your law." Psalm 119:18

3 comments:

Rob Peck said...

I got a kindle for Christmas and the highlighting and note taking are exceptional! Never thought I would be a tech guy but here I am! Happy New Year my friend!

The Blainemonster said...

Happy New Year Rob!

Just last night I was checking out the Kindle app on my eldest son's phone and I'm excited about the possibilities :)

Anonymous said...

oh sure... here I am, an engineer, surrounded by techno-geeks! hahaha

more seriously... I am grateful to God for His provision, to give me such wonderful family relationships to travel this life with... Rob, Blaine, keep running hard.
with much love, Tim