Monday, December 20, 2010

ZIP! POW!

LEFT JAB - "For by that one offering He forever made perfect those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14, NLT

It sends you reeling!

Here's the right cross from the ESV:

"For by a single offering He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

That's the power of justification! Christ's perfection, applied to believers, makes them perfect, not in practice (sanctification must do its work) but in position and eventually in the full realization of redemption. It is mind-blowingly awesome.

Our salvation is very great indeed, stronger and more profound than I've ever imagined. Just when I think I've got my mind wrapped around what Jesus did, more wonder is revealed.

I'm so thankful that Christ is the kind of high priest we need: forever interceding, guaranteeing, saving forever and saving completely.

3 comments:

cjbooth85 said...

Ba Bam! Great post!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris says it better ;)
I don't think I ever really understand justification... I keep wanting to add to it. How dimming.
btw, I haven't forgotten our conversation...just still working through it.
Blessings brother, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

The Blainemonster said...

Chris! Tim! Hope your Christmases are blessed; I appreciate you guys!