Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pure Joy


Happiness is: the angelic, pristine joy on the face of the child I saw this morning in the grocery store parking lot, holding her mother's hand, taking three skipping steps for every one of her mother's strides, with her eyes closed, mouth wide open and little tongue reaching out to catch the falling snow.

When I witnessed her reaction to the snow as she hopped out of her car and grabbed her mom's hand, I instantly, involuntarily laughed for joy myself.

What wonder! What pleasure! What simplicity!

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

Rob Peck said...

Often scripture speaks of "complete joy" or an epistle states that "my joy may be full". Children can be excelent examples of this! Sadly as adults we tend to struggle with this. Be joyful always!

Thanks for this Blaine!

The Blainemonster said...

Hi Rob - Yep. I think too many adults are childish, and not CHILDLIKE :)