Thursday, January 12, 2012

Afraid

Here's something I will almost guarantee you weren't thinking about this morning when you woke up: the fact that you weren't killed in the night by an earthquake. Below are two poignant Facebook status updates posted this morning by a man I met while I was in Haiti. Following those is a link to a photo album at The Big Picture that gives a glimpse into the slow progress being made in Haiti two years after the earthquake that killed 300,000 people.

"I wanna thank God this morning cuz I am still alive."

"Good morning every one! I spent the nite out sleep cuz I was afraid and I remembered the january 12 earthquake when I was cooking food with my friends. Many of the haitian people woke up with tears and sadness! Please pray for haiti cuz its hard to not thinking of january 12 I am sad and I need a prayer for haiti please! Thank u God."


Haiti Slow To Recover

No comments: