Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thank You, Mr. Mote

This morning I went to school with my fantastic and lovely little niece. It was "Bring Your Pastor to School Day" and she chose me. :) During the chapel service, her second grade class sang, from memory, "My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less" by Edward Mote. Verses two and three were exactly what I've been needing these past few days:

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand
.

Thank God for sweet little nieces, hymn writers, and the solid Rock. Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... when you stop and consider what our hope is sustained by, the strength or degree of our hope isn't what matters, is it? ... Jesus' blood and righteousness!