Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wanna Buy A Rolex?

A lot of people want a fake Rolex because to the casual observer it looks like the real thing, but it doesn't cost as much as the genuine article.



Fascinating, Rick, thank you.

A lot of people want a fake Jesus because to the casual observer it looks like the real thing, but it doesn't cost as much as the genuine article.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons have a Jesus, but that Jesus wasn't the divine and only Son of God.

Christian Scientists have a Jesus, but that Jesus isn't even really real.

Some people have Jesus as their homeboy, but that Jesus is just a kitschy fashion trend.

Many people in this country have a Jesus who haunts their American dream and brands them as "Christian", but that Jesus is a just a patriotic conceit, not a Savior.

So many are convinced that they’re holding something valuable, but in reality they possess precisely nothing but a faked and faulty image of the real thing. You've either got Jesus Christ, or you've got something else - and counterfeits don't count. They cost you nothing except your soul.

Sadly, many would rather have the fake because it looks nice but it costs them NOTHING. For Christ, we are called to deny ourselves, to be willing to lose it all to gain everything.

The very fact that Jesus claims He is THE TRUTH demonstrates that there are fakes. And if those “reproductions” are out there, then knowing the TRUTH is vital.

The truth is that Christ is the eternal, only begotten Son of the Father. This Jesus born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and became the perfect sacrifice in my place, suffering my sins to purchase my salvation. He died, was buried, rose again and ascended into heaven. And He's coming back. That's the truth.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:1-6

No comments: