Monday, May 7, 2012

Identify This Quote!

Who said it and when?

"A generation of Christians reared among push buttons and automatic machines is impatient of slower and less direct methods of reaching their goals.  We have been trying to apply machine-age methods to our relations with God.  We read our chapter, have our short devotions and rush away, hoping to make up for our deep inward bankruptcy by attending another gospel meeting or listening to another thrilling story told by a religious adventurer lately returned from afar."

For the answer, drag your mouse and select the blank area below:

From "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer in 1948!!! 

5 comments:

cjbooth85 said...

I knew it was him!! Have you ever read his Preface to....oop, better wait a while so as not to give it away to any of your readers who might read the comments first...I'll come back again later...ha!

The Blainemonster said...

LOL! Preface to what??? I can't wait!!! :)

The Blainemonster said...

You win, btw ;) Too bad there isn't any prize!

cjbooth85 said...

Ok I guess it's been long enough...I won't say the author, but the Book is The Knowledge of The Holy. It's had a profound effect on me...and it's Preface has a similar sentiment and was written in like 1950 or something!

The Blainemonster said...

Sweet I have that just a few feet away in the bedroom...I'll go read the preface :)