Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some Friends of Mine

I'm kind of excited right now because I'm reading something I've always wanted to read, and after that I've got another book to dive into that I'm very much looking forward to. I love reading and I love the books themselves almost as much as reading them. Kinda weird, I know. I treasure my little library and I've visited many of the authors more than once - some several times.

This year has been an interesting literary journey for me. Aside from the Scriptures, the pages of which I try to keep warm from turning, here's a short list of books that I've enjoyed in 2009: Touching the Void by Joe Simpson, Endurance - Shackleton's Incredible Voayge by Alfred Lansing, Shipwrecks of Lake Superior, Reclaiming Science from Darwinism by Kenneth Pope, Revival and Revivalism by Iain H. Murray, Bono by Michka Assayas, The Snowflake Man by Duncan Blanchard, parts of The Valley of Vision and All Loves Excelling by John Bunyan. I'm working on the Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner right now, and on deck I've got the Mortification of Sin by John Owen.

So what have you read this year that was good or useful? What's in your sights for next year? What are your favorite books of all time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. Robin Smith

Anonymous said...

This will amaze you but I have actually read several books other than novels, like Night by Elie Wiesel, Endurance, Shackletons story, WOW, 90 minutes in Heaven, The Shack, still haven't formed a firm opinion may have to read it again as so many are touched by it. Mom