Monday, January 5, 2009

Her

There is no one like her. She really is my best friend. We fight, we make up. We disagree, we laugh. We get frustrated, we love. We struggle with the budget, we raise our boys and we would hate to live life without each other.

Sometimes I think back to when we were just kids. I was fascinated by her even then. As we grew older, I would often think about how dreamy it would be if one day she could be my wife. Nowadays, I catch myself thinking what a stinking lucky guy I am. I have married the girl of my dreams and she still is the girl of my dreams. I never knew how much it was possible to love a person. Having kids has only added another dimension to that crazy kind of love.

And you know, the love we share has only been strengthened and deepened by the difficult times we've weathered together. My wife and I, we got a groovy kind of love. [Thank you, Phil Collins ;) ] God has been so good to us, in bringing us together and keeping us together. Marriage is work, but it's wonderful work.