Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love That Will Not Let Me Go

To think of God's faithfulness through all my years is overwhelming. The number of dark and lonely roads I've chosen to travel is astonishing, yet He has always been there at the end to set me aright once again. Then, to realize that His faithfulness toward me began not at my birth, but at the creation of the world, is beyond comprehension. Yet that is the very thing that Scripture teaches.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will..." Ephesians 1:3-5

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139

Is this the kind of love that will ever let me go? This a relentless love, of which only the smallest part can be understood by men! This is the great love of immeasureable height, depth, width and length that surpasses knowledge!

The bottom line is that if He had not pursued me, I would never have known His salvation, and without Him upholding me, I will never endure to the end.

Take a few minutes and listen to "Love That Will Not Let Me Go" by Steve Camp:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He loves us!!! Wow, I can't take today. Thanks for reminding me.

The Blainemonster said...

Funny how you write something for yourself and someone else needs it!

Anonymous said...

...and feels it!