Thursday, January 14, 2010

In The Category of Heroes...

A couple days ago I wrote briefly about Bear Grylls. He's an outstanding fella, and I think people (especially men) need a few choice characters to look up to for inspiration. Today I'm offering up a couple more stories to swell the heart with courage.

First, a computer generated replay of Flight 1549 landing on the Hudson River. Watching this and hearing the actual radio transmissions with Captain Sullenberger made me think even more highly of this calm, cool and collected pilot. (You may want to pop the video out to full screen for a better view)



Next, a story about a man who has learned the value of a life well spent. Would that God could graciously use me to touch so many young people.



And then, just for fun, this final example of one young man (of five) that I am trying to be a hero to:


Stuff that I want to say right now...


5 comments:

cjbooth85 said...

Cool, cool and...cool. Amen brother.

The Blainemonster said...

Yes! :) Good to hear from you, Chris - praying for you and your wife.

semper reformanda said...

got any ideas? actually not...

my-o-my. that was amazing.

The Blainemonster said...

Kevin - Ideas? About???

semper reformanda said...

just quoting the conversation around the 6:50-7:00 mark, in the dialog boxes between scully and the first officer..