Friday, January 22, 2010

Keep On Trudging


I thought I was the only one! I thought I was the only person who ever felt at times like my passion had died and questioned the legitimacy of my work even though at one time I was convinced God has commissioned me to do it! I was certain that I was the only one who experienced periods of utter dryness walking through empty flatlands of bland unspirituality.

Apparently David Livingstone felt the same way at times:

"When employed in active travel, my mind becomes inactive, and the heart cold and dead, but after remaining some time quiet, the heart revives, and I become more spiritually-minded. This is a mercy which I have experienced before, and when I see a matter to be duty I go on regardless of my feelings. I do trust that the Lord is with me, though the mind is engaged in other matters than the spiritual."

I have many times been cheered and upheld by God's certain promises and covenant. As fickle as my feelings and fleeting as my more manic days may be, I know that God is just as He always was: faithful.

No comments: